D. Insurance against damage or loss of property
Loss of or damage to household contents such as furniture, decoration, electrical appliances and personal valuables can be insured. A typical example of such kind of insurance is a "Householder's Comprehensive" insurance policy which may provide cover in one package for
- loss of or damage to the contents of a dwelling caused by fire, lightning, explosion, burst water pipes, theft, typhoon and windstorm, and flood;
- loss of or damage to servants' property;
- costs of alternative accommodation during the period in which the household is being repaired after a misfortune that is insured against;
- liability to the public; and
- personal accident benefits for the policyholder.